Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 10: Wikis

I edited the 23 Things on a Stick wiki. I've used wikis in the past and find them very easy to use. I think that they are a great communication tool. We use them at our school to communicate with parents and students. We let them know about upcoming tests, projects, and school events. We also use them as a staff to reflect on school events. This allows for both positive and negative feedback so that we can make improvements to the events. I've also used Wikis in college classes to reflect on questions related to reading. I think that I could easily incorporate this type of wiki into my classroom. It gives those students who don't feel comfortable speaking in front of the class a chance to share their ideas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's good to hear that Web 2.0 tools could make their way into the Project Lead the Way program!