Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

I thought that Zoho Writer was an easier tool to use for editing the practice document (perhaps that is because I already have a Zoho account). I think that using online collaboration tools, such as Zoho Writer or Google Docs, is very beneficial. This is something that I could easily incorporate into my classroom. I could provide students with feedback to assignments using this tool. I like that I am able to highlight text and make my comments in a different color. This makes it easier for students to see my suggestions. I think that it is important to be careful with this tool. If too many people have access to edit a document, it becomes very cluttered and difficult to understand. I had a hard time following all the changes in the Google Docs practice document, because it was so cluttered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're looking at the possibility of alternatives to Office in the future. These comments are beneficial!