Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing 3: RSS

I created an RSS account through Bloglines. I like that I am able to subscribe to multiple feeds through Bloglines and simply check my Blogline account for updates. I think that this will save me a lot of time in the future. Instead of checking each website or blog for updates, I check my Blogline account and am able to see if there have been updates for any of my feeds.

I think that using Bloglines will help me make the curriculum more relevant to my students' lives. I can use my Blogline account to search for current events that are relevant to the curriculum. Part of the class I am teaching next year deals with flight and space, so I subscribed to a feed through NASA to learn about any flight/space updates.

I also hope to have my students create blogs or efolios to compile their work. I can use my Blogline account to subscribe to my students' blogs or efolios. I will only have to check my Blogline account for updates to their blogs instead of checking each individual blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great application! When it comes time to work on the e-folio or blogs, I'd be happy to assist with setting it up.