Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing 16: Student 2.0 Tools

I think that both the Assignment Calculator and the Research Project Calculator are great tools. I like that they both provide dates by which certain aspects of the project should be completed. I also like that they both provide links with more detailed information.

I think that, as a middle school teacher, I would encourage students to use the Research Project Calculator. The Assignment Calculator is geared more towards college students (this is something I could use for my own projects). I like that the Research Calculator allows students to choose the format of their presentation (slide show, essay, or video), and then provides them with a time line that is specific to that project. I also like that the Research Calculator provides teachers with tools to teach different aspects of the research process. The graphic organizers provide students with a great visual for organizing and understanding their information.

The Research Project Calculator would really be beneficial to those students who struggle with long-term projects. It breaks the project down into steps, which is what so many students need. I think this would be a great link to include on my Edline page.

No comments: