Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr

This is a picture that I took while in the primate section at Como Zoo. I found creating a flickr account and uploading my photos to be very easy. I think that this is something that my students could do without any problems.

There are many ways that I could use this in the classroom. I could ask my students to find examples of something we are studying in class, take pictures of their findings, and upload their pictures to their flickr accounts. I could also post pictures of sample projects to my account and encourage students to look at those pictures before starting a project. I could also find pictures that are relevant to the topic I am teaching, upload them to my flickr account, and share them with my students. This is convenient because I don't have to save my photos to a flash drive. I upload them to my flickr account and can access them at school by logging into my flickr account.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristie,
Another nice feature on Flickr is the advance search, where students can access photos carrying the Creative Commons attribute share-alike. This allows them to use the photos for educational projects without seeking approval first. Very cool!